CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
General Information & Deadlines
- Abstracts are to be submitted electronically via online submission system by 18 October 2021.
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program.
- Authors may submit more than one abstract, but, subject to program space, not all abstracts may be accepted.
- During the submission a preferred presentation type must be selected for each submitted abstract. Please note the Congress Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final determination regarding the presentation format of accepted abstracts.
- Encore abstracts will be accepted.
- There are two separate submission platforms for a) Oral or Poster Presentation Abstract Submission or b) Video Presentation Abstract Submission. All individual submissions must fulfil the requirements (see Abstract Requirements below). Each author needs to select the submission platform first when logged into his/her Congress Portal account and only then can proceed with the submission itself. When submitting Oral or Poster Presentation Abstract, authors may select Oral or Poster, or Poster only.
- Authors of all accepted abstracts are expected to register for IGCC 2022 and pay the meeting registration fee and are encouraged to pay their IGCA dues.
- Abstracts can be amended in the online submission system until the submission deadline 18 October 2021.
- All successfully submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the IGCC 2022 Scientific Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and the content and may reconsider the pre-selected presentation type.
- All accepted abstracts will form part of the final scientific program and will be presented onsite as well as published in the official congress proceedings and congress app/website.
- All presenting authors will receive an acceptance/rejection notification via e-mail in late November.
- All presenting authors are obliged to register by 15 December, 2021. Those presenting authors who will not be registered for the Congress and whose registration will not be fully covered by the deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the final program.
- Abstract authors are also required to provide Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval (if applicable) and disclosure of financial relationships during the submission (e.g. grants, fees from private companies, shares, paid positions).
When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the corresponding scientific topic.
- Genetics and translational research
- Pathology, biomarkers, liquid biopsy, molecular classification
- Prevention and early detection
- Diagnosis and staging
- Endoscopic treatment
- Surgery and quality assurance
- Minimally-invasive and robot-assisted surgery
- Multidisciplinary treatment of localized gastric cancer
- Treatment and surgery for GEJ tumors
- Management of stage IV gastric cancer, peritoneal targeted therapy
- Novel drugs, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy
- Economic burden of GC and treatment in different healthcare systems
- Survivorship, Supportive and Palliative care, Nutrition, Quality-of-life
- Gastric cancer treatment during COVID-19 pandemic
- Artificial intelligence in gastric cancer diagnosis/treatment
- Surgery Videos (Video Presentation Abstract)
- Endoscopy videos (Video Presentation Abstract)
General Abstract Requirements
Language: All abstracts must be written in English.
Title: The title should be entered in upper case and is limited by 100 characters. Abbreviations must not be used in the title. Use generic product names in the title.
Authors: Up to 20 authors can be submitted under one abstract (including presenting author). The presenting author is selected first; other authors can be added only when the presenting author is submitted. However, the authors order could be changed if needed by swapping the names at the list of the co-authors.
Character Limit: Maximum abstract lengths are 2000 characters for Oral/Poster Presentation, and 1000 characters for Video Presentation Abstract submission. This does not include the title or spaces.
All Oral/Poster Presentation submissions should follow the following mandatory structure as below. Video Presentation submission does not require structures.
INTRODUCTION: The introduction should be 2 or 3 brief sentences describing the objectives of the study.
METHODS: A description of the methods used to conduct the study must be included (eg. Retrospective review, prospective trial). Detailed descriptions of laboratory techniques should not be included. Do not mention the institution where the work was performed in the body or title of the abstract.
RESULTS: The results should occupy one-half to two-thirds of the abstract, and specific data necessary to evaluate the abstract should be included. If there is concern that additional data would enhance the abstract, then please strongly consider including it. Statements such as “data will be discussed at the presentation: are grounds for disqualification.
CONCLUSIONS: The conclusion should be no more than 2 or 3 sentences regarding the significance of the results in the context of the original objectives.
Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. The organisers reserve the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to the publication.
1 figure or table is allowed to supplement the abstract text.
Video Submission Instructions
Surgical videos can be submitted online via the abstract submission form, filling in the contact information section and the relevant questionnaire.
You will be asked to submit the video along with a written summary of your video.
In order to finalize the submission, you must send the actual video via We Transfer to IGCCAbstracts@mci-group.com by 18 October 2021.
For standardization, the acceptable length of the video summary is of maximum 1000 characters. This includes non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
Surgical videos sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Submissions can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (18 October 2021, 23:59, CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only submissions in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the review. The submitted / draft submissions cannot be edited after the submission deadline (18 October 2021, 23:59, CET)
- The criteria for submission are as follows:
- Duration of the video: 7 minutes maximum
- Format: presentations must include a clear introduction stating the purpose of the video followed by quality video footage and a presentation of results/conclusions.
- Sound: all videos should be accompanied by a clear voice-over in English.
- Video quality: videos should have a minimum definition of 720p (1080p preferred)
Please contact IGCC 2022 Staff at IGCCAbstracts@mci-group.com for questions.